Their Own Desire is a 1929 American romantic drama film starring Norma Shearer, Belle Bennett, Lewis Stone, Robert Montgomery, and Helene Millard. The film was adapted by James Forbes and Frances Marion from the novel by Sarita Fuller, and was directed by E. Mason Hopper.
A young woman is upset by the knowledge that her father is divorcing her mother in order to marry another woman. Her own feelings change, however, when she falls in love with a young man who turns out to be the son of her father's new love.
- Norma Shearer as Lucia 'Lally' Marlett
- Belle Bennett as Harriet Marlett
- Lewis Stone as Henry Marlett
- Robert Montgomery as John Douglas Cheever
- Helene Millard as Beth Cheever
- Cecil Cunningham as Aunt Caroline Elrick
- Henry Hebert as Uncle Nate Elrick
- Mary Doran as Suzanne Elrick
- June Nash as Mildred Elrick
The pool scenes in which John Cheever meets Lally Marlett for the first time were filmed at the Norconian Resort Supreme competition diving and swimming pools. While the diving boards and three diving platforms are long gone, the two Norconian pools are still intact, though worse for wear as of 2008, in the middle of what is now the California Rehabilitation Center in Norco, California.