Rocky V is a American film from 1990, directed by John g. Avildsen and written by Sylvester Stallone, who also plays the leading role. It is the worst received part from the movie series and was nominated for seven Golden Raspberry Awards. The film was premiered on 14 december in Netherlands 1990.
After it has been found that the Russian Boxer Ivan Drago Rocky Balboa has caused permanent brain damage, this forced to quit boxing. When coming home shows that all his money is gambled away. Balboa decision thereupon a young promising Boxer, Tommy "The Machine" Gunn (Tommy Morrison), working out. He sticks his soul and salvation in the boy, making his own teenage son Robert (Sage Stallone) feel barely exist for his father and going to rebel. Gunn shoves Balboa on the side when he is seduced by the Golden mountains that boxing promoter George Washington Duke (Richard Gant) promises him.
When Gunn the champion Merciless Ray Mercer defeats and now the new world heavyweight champion is, he says he owes it all to Duke. A some time later, Gunn for Rocky's nose and challenges him to a fight in the ring, but Rocky wants to fight it out on the street, without media. While Rocky fight no more does he actually it anyway.Rocky wins the fight with a knockout. The film ends with the stairs where Rocky always completes his training, together with his son Robert they look together in the image of Rocky, and then the movie ends.
- Sylvester Stallone -Rocky Balboa
- Talia Shire -Adrian Balboa
- Burt Young -Paulie Pennino
- Sage Stallone -Robert Balboa
- Tommy Morrison -Tommy Gunn
- Richard Gant -George Washington Duke
- Tony Burton -Tony Duke Evers
- Burgess Meredith -Mickey Goldmill
- Michael Williams -Union Cane
- Tommy Gunn is played by Tommy Morrison, who was actually world boxing champion in 1993. That year he won the World Boxing Organizationtitle by defeating George Foreman . Tommy Morrison died on september 1, 2013 to the effects of aids. Balboa's main opponents in the previous four Rocky-parts were actors, Carl Weathers(twice, Mr. T and Dolph Lundgren).
- Balboa's son Robert is in Rocky V played by Sage Stallone, the actual son of Sylvester Stallone.