James Howard Woods (Vernal, Utah, april 18, 1947) is an American actor. He was for both his role in Salvador as those in Ghosts of Mississippi nominated for anAcademy Award. More than fifteen other film prizes were awarded him actually, including a Golden Globe, multiple Emmy Awards and multiple Satellite Awards.
In most cases, the name ' James Woods ' used in the credits.
Woods grew up in Warwick, Rhode Island. He received his secondary school education in 1965 and began studying at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology inCambridge, Massachusetts. However, Woods left his training In 1969 because he wanted to go to acting.
Woods has been married twice: from 1980 to 1983 with Kathryn Morrison and 1989 to 1990 's with Sarah Owen. Now he is together with the 40 years younger Ashley Madison. He has no children. Woods is known for its some strange, unreliable smile and intense look. He plays often cool, especially criminal roles and characters who talk fast.
His first role was in the television film All the Way Home (1970). After some roles he finally broke through when the ice-cold murderer of a police officer in The Onion Field(1979). Other roles followed in Videodrome (1983), Once Upon a Time in America (1984) and Salvador (1986). For the latter a Oscar nomination got Woods in the category ' best actor '.
After his breakthrough came the larger productions. In addition, he gave his voice to different productions, such as the ' Hades'-voice in Hercules (1997) and in Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within (2001), Stuart Little 2 (2002) and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (2004).
- By the time Woods was a Sean Young actress stalked after their relationship had ended.
- Woods also has the occasional role in the animated television series Family Guy in which he stalks the main character Peter Griffin and even his life once took over.
- Woods fired his agent when it told him that him a role in the Quentin Tarantino film Reservoir Dogs (1992) had offered.
- Woods is 1.83 metres long.
- Woods is assigned a IQ of 180[citation needed ]and is a member of Mensa[source?]. He is excellent in mathematics[citation needed ]and is a gifted orator.
- Woods is Ambidextrous or Ambidextrous: he can write both left-and right-handed. This can be seen in The Virgin Suicides (1999), in which he alternately with two hands on the Board writes.
* Excluding television films