Fast Times at Ridgemont High is a 1982 American comedy film directed by Amy Heckerling, from the novel by Cameron Crowe. The film is generally regarded as the founder of the 'high school comedy"subgenre. A significant part of the film crew consisted of novice actors and actresses who have since built up respectable acting careers.
The film had a sequel in the form of a TV series called Fast Times.
The story focuses on a group of young people that the Ridgemont High high school in the village of Ridgemont visit. The boys and girls are located at one point in their life when they say goodbye to their childhood and put their first steps into adulthood. In it, each with their own struggles camps. Stacy Hamilton (Jennifer Jason Leigh) has never had sex and finds it's time that this happens. She is full of uncertainties about how things. Before that, she asks Council to her what more experienced girlfriend Linda Barrett (Phoebe Cates), that has a relationship, but totally neglected by her friend never emerging. Hamiltons older brother Brad (Judge Reinhold) sits in his senior year and crack of the future dreams and ambitions. His classmate Jeff Spicoli (Sean Penn), on the other hand, occurs only surfing and blowenimportant and believe it all though. His free spirit and standard being late is not only teacher Mr. Hand (Ray Walston).
The shy Mark ' Rat ' Ratner (Brian Backer) is meanwhile up over his ears in love with Hamilton. He gets in turn Board of his friend Mike Damone (Robert Romanus), which mainly concerned to the impression he makes on others.
|Sean Penn||Jeff Spicoli|
|Jennifer Jason Leigh||Stacy Hamilton|
|Judge Reinhold||Brad Hamilton|
|Phoebe Cates||Linda Barrett|
|Brian Backer||Mark Ratner or Rat|
|Robert Romanus||Mike Damone|
|Lana Clarkson||Mrs. Vargas|
|Vincent Schiavelli||Mr. Vargas|
|Ray Walston||Mr. Hand|
|Forest Whitaker||Charles Jefferson|
|Eric Stolz||Stoner Bud|
|Nicolas Cage||Brad's Bud or Nicolas Coppola|
- "Somebody's Baby"(Jackson Browne)-4: 05
- "Waffle Stomp" (Joe Walsh)-3: 40
- "Love Rules" (Don Henley)-4: 05
- "Uptown Boys" (Louise Goffin)-2: 45
- "So Much in Love" (Timothy b. Schmit)-2: 25
- "Raised on the Radio" (The Ravyns)-3: 43
- "The Look in Your Eyes" (Gerard McMahon) – 4: 00
- "Speeding" (The Go-Go's)-2: 11
- "Don't Be Lonely" (Quarterflash)-3: 18
- "Never Surrender" (Don Felder)-4: 15
- "Fast Times (The Best Years of Our Lives)" (Billy Squier)-3: 41
- "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" (Sammy Hagar)-3: 36
- "I Don't Know (Spicoli's Theme)" (Jimmy Buffett) – 3: 00
- "Love Is the Reason" (Graham Nash)-3: 31
- "I'll Leave It up to You" (Poco)-2: 55
- "Highway Runner" (Donna Summer)-3: 18
- "Sleeping Angel" (Stevie Nicks)-3: 55
- "She's My Baby (And she's Outta Control)" (/JostPalmer)-2: 53
- "Goodbye, Goodbye" (Oingo Boingo)-4: 34
- The film was nominated for a Writers Guild of Americaaward.
- Fast Times at Ridgemont High is filed in the United States National Film Registry by the Library of Congress because it is culturally, historically or aesthetically striking .
- The then 17-year-old actor Nicolas Cage is in Fast Times at Ridgemont High for the first time and at the same time for the last listed as Nicolas Coppola.
- The woman in the car next to those of Brad laughs at his piratenpak is Nancy Wilson, the wife of writer Crowe.
- The film was shot in three schools: Van Nuys High School, Canoga Park High School and Torrance High School. all three near Los Angeles. The Mall scenes were in Santa Monica Place and Sherman Oaks Galleria shot.