CSI: Miami is an American television series about a forensic investigation team in Miami. The series is a spin-off of the television series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation.CSI: Miami was started in 2002, and is produced by CBS.
Like the other CSI's CSI: Miami is created by Anthony e. Zuiker, this time aided by Ann Donahue and Carol Mendelsohn. The series is next to America also in dozens of other countries on tv, including in Netherlands and Belgium. In Netherlands, the series aired on RTL 5 and in Flanders on FOUR. The series is distributed worldwide byAlliance Atlantis.
On 13 may 2012, the series was discontinued after ten seasons.
- 2 Production
- 3 Actors
- 4 Characters
- 5 Roles
- 6 Episodes
- 7 Trivia
- 8 Computer Game
- 9 awards and nominations
- 10 external links
CSI: Miami follows the same set up as other CSI series. Central to a team of experts that are trying to solve murders and other crimes on the basis of forensic evidence.CSI: Miami often initially focused on a single case per episode. In later seasons that were usually two cases per episode.
CSI: Miami is mainly included in the United States. Filming will take place in indoor filmed at Raleigh Manhattan Studios in Manhattan Beach, California. Some outdoor scenes, especially those on beaches, are filmed at Long Beach. Naples district of Manhattan Beach is also a popular film location, because the environment there is very similar to that of the real Miami.
The building that in the series should continue for the lab of the CSI is actually the Federal Aviation Administration Federal Credit Union headquarters in Hawthorne.
CSI: Miami is known for its Assembly. The images are accurate shot and the joystick is installed with the utmost precision. Often uses all kinds of stock footage from the city of Miami. Thus, speed boats, highways, jet-skis and helicopters frequently. The generic image is hardly back by the seasons changed.
|Horatio Caine||David Caruso||CSI Level 3 Lieutenent||Lead Role|
|Calleigh Duquesne||Emily Procter||CSI Level 3 Asst. supervisor||Lead Role|
|Eric Delko||Adam Rodriguez||CSI Level 3||Lead Role||Supporting Role||Lead Role|
|Ryan Wolfe||Jonathan Togo||CSI Level 3||Lead Role|
|Frank Tripp||Rex Linn||MDPD Robbery/Homicide Detective (sergeant)||Supporting Role||Lead Role|
|Natalia Boa Vista||Eva LaRue||CSI Level 1||Supporting Role||Lead Role|
|Walter Simmons||Omar Benson Miller||CSI Level 1||Lead Role|
|Lt. Megan Donner||Kim Delaney||CSI Level 3 Asst. supervisor||Lead Role|
|Det. Timothy "Tim Speedle (Speed)||Rory Cochrane||CSI Level 3||Lead Role||Guest Role|
|Det. Yelina Salas||Sofia Milos||MDPD Robbery/Homicide Detective||Supporting Role||Lead Role||Guest Role|
|Dr. Alexx Woods||Khandi Alexander||Medical Examiner||Lead Role||Guest Role|
|Dr. Tara Price||American Actress Megalyn Echikunwoke||Medical Examiner||Lead Role|
|Jesse Cardoza||Eddie Cibrian||CSI Level 2||Lead Role||Guest Role|
CSI David Caruso as Lieutenant Horatio Caine -Chief Inspector-*Miami Dade CSI-Chief Inspector-Lieutenant Horatio Caine, played by David Caruso. The head of the Miami-Dade County crime lab. He is a forensic analyst and former explosives bomb disposal officer. In seasons 1 and 2 he revealed to have everything learned from his mentor, Al Humphreys (played by Lou Beatty, Jr.), who was killed when attempting to dismantle a bomb.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 3 Calleigh DuquesneDetective, played by Emily Procter. A ballistics specialist. Her father is an alcoholic lawyer who already settled has tried to get rid of his addiction. She had a brief relationship with John Hagen in season 2. At the beginning of season 5, she had short time in charge of the lab, because of Horatio his absence. She also had a relationship with Jake Berkely a while but he disappeared. It was Later revealed that he had gone undercover, but for Calleigh was the end. Later in season 6, she is in love with Colleague Eric Delko.
- Miami Dade Police Detective Eric DelkoLevel 3, played by Adam Rodriguez. A fingerprints and drug identification expert of Cuban and Russian descent. He is also specialized in cars, tires and their printing. However, he was also once arrested for drug use, but turned out to be, that he assisted his sister Marisol, when they smoked marijuana as a painkiller for her leukemia. He is also the expert for searching for evidence under water. He has had a short-lived relationship with Natalia Boa Vista. At the end of season 7, he is shot by the ignorant colleague Calleigh. At the beginning of season 8, he left the series. But in that season he comes back very often in a guest role. Starting from season 9 he is the Blue Ranger.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 3 Detective Ryan Wolfe, played by Jonathan Togo. Ryan worked as a police officer when he was hired by Horatio, who noted that Ryan kept his firearm always clean (its predecessor, Speedle, died because he could not cope well with a firearm). His first appearance in the series was in the episode "Under the Influence". He only became a solid actor in "Hell Night". Ryan was fired because of a gambling debt. When he was fired said Horatio Caine to him everything that he wants Wolfe will do to recover his confidence and then again should come and work in his team. After his dismissal began to work at the local television Wolfe as forensic expert, but Ryan quickly stops there and then he goes to work on the range. Ryan was again adopted as CSI in the episode ' Sun Block ' (season 6), after he has recovered the confidence of Horatio.
- Miami Dade County homicide Detective Francis ' Frank ' Tripp, played by Rex Linn. Frank is a Texas homicide detective who accompanies the team arranged to a crime scene. Although he has not much knowledge of forensic research he has admiration for the skills of the CSI 's. He has a good working relationship with the CSI 's, especially with Calleigh. He's even been involved in a case, because his wife left him shadows by a private detective. He was first a irregular recurring character, but since season 5 a fixed force.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 1 Trainee Natalia Boa Vista, played by Eva LaRue. A new DNA analyst who for the FBI is allowed to work only to old unsolved cases. She and Delko temporarily had a relationship. She's escaped a violent marriage before joining the crew came. Her experience with battered women helped the team to solve a murder of a woman. At the end of season 4 they turned out to be the mole in the lab, but the negative information about the lab, however, came out via State Attorney Monica West. Boa Vista reported only good things about the lab. Her Ex-husband Nick Stanton also appears even if cleaning-guy.Where they have the day before he is killed the bed with it shares. Since season 5 she is veldstagiair and member of the main cast.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 2 Jesse Cardoza , played by Eddie Cibrian. New CSI Jesse Cardoza is a COP who joins the team from season 8 has left the team after Eric Delko. Cardoza is a level 2 CSI Agent and is thus, among other things, Ryan Wolfe. In the later episodes it turns out that Cardoza's woman in Los Angeles (where he comes from) is murdered by a serial killer.
- Miami Dade medical examiner Dr. Tara Price American actress Megalyn Echikunwoke, played by. The new Miami-Dade coroner. She is coming Horatio's team when Alexx ' successor during her first case is shot.She is a handsome appearance and that Eric Delko will have known, much to the jealousy of Natalia Boa Vista. At the end of season 7, she is arrested for stealing pills.
- Miami Dade medical examiner Dr. Alexx Woods (Khandi Alexander, seasons 1-6). A Miami-Dade County coroner. Alexx began her medical career in New York as a pharmacist and came to Miami for personal reasons. She talks often with dead bodies, when they are studying. She is married and has a young son and daughter. In season 6, episode 19 Alexx leaves the team because her son was involved in a murder case and they realized that they had to be with her friends and family more often instead of in the morgue.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 3 Detective Tim "Speed" Speedle (Rory Cochrane, seasons 1-2). Track researcher and expert in impressions. He came originally from Syracuse, New York, and had studied biology at theColumbia University. Speed died in the first episode of season 3 titled Lost Son. He was shot by a suspect when his poorly maintained arms service refused.
- Miami Dade CSI Level 3 Detective Megan Donner (Kim Delaney, season 1, episodes 1-10). Horatio's predecessor who after the death of her husband left her job indefinitely. They returned briefly to work with Horatio but discovered that the workload was too much for her.
- MDPD detective Yelina Salas (Sofia Milos, seasons 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7). A Colombian homicide detective who often becomes involved in CSI investigations. She is the widow of Horatio's brother Raymond. She gets a relationship with IAB Sergeant Rick Stetler, Horatio's personal enemy. When Raymond turned out to still life she moved with him and her son to Brazil. They appeared again in season 5 in the episode "Rio". In that episode, traveled to Rio to Antonio Riaz, who Caines wife (and Delko's sister) had murdered Marisol to catch. After the death of Raymond in Brazil, she with Ray Jr. back to Miami, where they come to make a living as a private detective.
- Laboratory technician Maxine Valera (Boti Ann Bliss, seasons 2-). DNA analyst. Was temporarily suspended from her in season 3, after they had put a rape victim accidentally in CODIS, but returned in season 4 back again. Has the nasty habit time-consuming chores such as jotting down serial numbers to get around, what made her suspicious when the FBI searched the lab. Also she found Nick Stanton (Natalia's ex-husband) very attractive.
- Julia Winston (Eberly) (Elizabeth Berkley, season 6-). An ex of Horatio where he had a son with.
- Kyle Harmonn (Evan Ellingston, season 6-). The son of Horatio and Julia that, until recently, in the mortuary has worked at Tara. Now he is in the army.
- Laboratory technician Joseph Kayle (Leslie Odom Jr., season 2-).
- Laboratory technician Aaron Peters (Armando Valdes-Kennedy, season 3-), sporenlab staff member.
- Laboratory Technician Cynthia Wells (Brooke Bloom).
- Laboratory technician Tyler Jensen (Brian Poth), Audio/Visual and multimedia lab tech.
- Laboratory technician Dan Cooper (Brendan Fehr, season 4), Audio/Visual lab tech.
- Secret service Special Agent Peter Elliott (Michael b. Silver, seasons 2-). Works with the financial crime Division. And has a soft spot for Calleigh Duquesne.
- Internal Affaires Bureau Agent Sergeant Rick Stetler (David Lee Smith, season 2-). IAB Sergeant and Horatio's personal enemy. He gets a relationship with Yelinda, but that runs each. His hatred for Horatio comes from the fact that Horatio was Lieutenant in his place.
- WFOR-TV Journalist Erica Sykes (Amy Laughlin, season 3-), an aggressive ambitious reporter for the CBS station WFOR-TV, Miami. Her methods are often pretty annoying for the CSI team. It was Erica that Ryan reported that a mole in the lab was in a deleted scene that showed up on the website of CBS.
- FBI Agent Glen Cole (Mark Rolston). An FBI Agent who led the investigation into the lab in season 4. He returned in season 5 where he was working on a case in which the Korean Government was involved.(episodes 425, "One of Our Own;" 503, "Death Pool 100").
- MDPD Detective Adelle Sevilla (Wanda De Jesus, season 1), a homicide detective who took part in 10 episodes.
- MDPD Detective John Hagen (Holt McCallany, seasons 1-3), a homicide detective with emotional and psychological problems. Raymond Caines partner before that his death put in scene. He shot himself dead in the Ballistics lab at the end of season 3.
- MDPD Officer Aaron Jessop (Joel West season 4). A patrol officer. He joined the team around the same time that Ryan Wolfe was transferred to the CSI. Jessop was killed by a handgranaatbooby-trap.
- Laboratory technician Sam Belmontes (Cristian de la Fuente, seasons 1-2), chemical analyst lab tech.
- Laboratory technician Jim Markham (Joshua Leonard, season 3), Ballistic lab tech. Markham became the head of the ballistics section when Calleigh left, but he was quickly fired when it became apparent that he wanted to work too fast.
- State Attorney Rebecca Nevins (Christina Chang), a prosecutor who had a brief relationship with Horatio. He dumped her when she made a deal with a criminal who was suspected of the murder of a COP and a series of robberies. Since that episode, she is not seen.
- State Attorney Monica West (Bellamy Young, season 4). The Prosecutor that Nevins replaced. She was the one who let spying in Boa Vista the CSI Lab, hoping to find evidence for corruption within the lab.Natalia brought any positive news out. Out of frustration, she served as proof that steal money from the lab so that the FBI would set up an investigation. They were unmasked and arrested.
- Marisol Delko Caine (née Delektorsky) (Alana de la Garza, season 4). Eric's younger sister who suffered from leukemia. They married after her treatment with Horatio. However, she was killed by a sniper and the murder was found to be committed by order of a Mala Noche boss named Antonio Riaz. Horatio and Delko followed him to Brazil, where Horatio doodstak him in the fight that began between Delko and Riaz.
- Nick Townsend (Rob Estes, season 5). Ex-husband of Natalia Boa Vista. After he came out of jail, he joined a cleaning company specializing in cleaning up crime scenes. He made sure he got assigned always those places where his ex-wife also worked. Nick was murdered after a date with Maxine Valera. Although both Maxine and Natalia were suspected, turned out to be the culprit to be a man whose wife had committed a murder. Nick made the crime scene clean and stole a woman's earring, and refused to give back.
- Bob Keaton (Max Martini, seasons 2,3). Susies drugsdealende man.
- Horatio Caine: David Caruso (2002-2012)
- Emily Procter Calleigh Duquesne: (2002-2012)
- Tim Speedle: Rory Cochrane (2002-2004)
- Adam Rodriguez Eric Delko: (2002-2010, 2010-2012)
- Megan Donner: Kim Delaney (2002)
- Jonathan Togo Ryan Wolfe: (2004-2012)
- Yelina Salas: Sofia Milos (2002-2012)
- Natalia Boa Vista: Eva LaRue (2006-2012)
- Frank Tripp: Rex Linn (2003-present)
- Marisol Delko: Alana De La Garza (2005-2006)
- Khandi Alexander Alexx Woods: (2002-2008)
- American actress Megalyn Echikunwoke : Tara Price(2009)
- Jesse Cardoza: Eddie Cibrian (2009-2010)
- Tom: Christian Clemenson (2009-2012)
- Number of Hummers destroyed (up to episode 10.05): 9
- Number of people killed by Horatio Caine (up to episode 10.05): 47
- Top TV Series-2006
- Top TV Series-2005
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Movies of the Week/Mini-Series '/pilot for Network or Basic Broadcast TV, for episode "Cross Jurisdiction" (pilot episode)-2003
- Outstanding Stunt Coordination-2007
- Outstanding Cinematography for a Single-camera Series-2003
BMI Film & TV Awards:
- BMI TV Music Award-2008
- BMI TV Music Award-2005
- BMI TV Music Award-2004
- BMI TV Music Award-2003
California on Location Awards:
- Assistant Location Manager of the Year-Television (Teamsters Local 399)-2007
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Khandi Alexander)-2005
- Best Sound Editing in Music for Television-Short Form, for episode "Rio"-2007
- Best Sound Editing in Television Long Form-Sound Effects & Foley, for episode "Crime wave"-2005
- Favorite Television New Dramatic Series-2003
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series-2007
- Outstanding Sound Editing for a Series-2003
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Episodic TV Series for episode "Inside Out"-2008
- Outstanding Achievement in Cinematography in Episodic TV Series for episode "darkroom"-2007
- Outstanding Actor in a Drama Television Series (Adam Rodríguez)-2008
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Khandi Alexander)-2007
- Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series (Khandi Alexander)-2006
- Outstanding Drama Series-2006
- Best Supporting Actress-Television (Eva LaRue)-2007
- Best Supporting Actress-Television (Eva LaRue)-2006
- Best Supporting Actor-Television (Adam Rodríguez)-2005
- Best Sound Editing in Sound Effects and Foley for Television-Short Form, for episode "Come As You Are"-2007
- Best Sound Editing in Television Short Form-Dialogue and Automated Dialogue Replacement, for episode "Three-Way"-2006
- Best Sound Editing in Television Short Form-Sound Effects & Foley, for episode "Urban Hellraisers"-2006
- Best Sound Editing in Television Short Form-Sound Effects & Foley, for episode "Lost Son"-2005
- Best Sound Editing in Television Episodic-Sound Effects & Foley, for episode "Grand Prix"-2004
- Best Performance in a TV Series-Guest Starring Young Actor (Cole Petersen) for episode "Stand Your Ground"-2008
- Best Performance in a Television Series-Guest Starring Young Actor (Alex Black)-2005
- Best Performance in a TV Series-Guest Starring Young Actress (Sara Paxton)-2004
- Best Performance in a TV Drama Series-Guest Starring Young Actor (Seth Adkins)-2003
- Best Performance in a TV Drama Series-Guest Starring Young Actor (Raja Fenske)-2003